Thank you for choosing to stay with us! Please read and sign the following Rental Agreement. The agreement contains pertinent information about your vacation rental.
Your payments may be made by credit card or paid by personal check in order to hold your reservation. Full payment is required at least 30 days prior to check-in date. If your reservation is being made within 30 days of your check-in date the entire amount is due at the time of booking the reservation. If you will be paying by check, please make it payable to Little Bear Rentals and mail it to the address above and ensure that we will receive the check no less than 30 days prior to check-in. Please note: All reservations must be accompanied by this completed & signed agreement/credit card authorization form, regardless of payment method.
*A fee of $35.00 will be charged for any check returned by the bank for any reason.
You may check in at Little Bear Rentals, located at 375 North Main St., Hiawassee, GA, between 4:00 p.m. and 6:00 p.m. on your scheduled date of arrival. Please call ahead to make other arrangements for a late or “After Hours” check-in. Please note that check-in time is 4:00 p.m., and check-out is at 11:00 a.m. Rarely, but occasionally, we may have a “turn-around” booking, which would result in another guest arriving on the same date as your departure. Therefore, we require strict adherence to these times. If you are checking in on the same date as another guest is checking out, we cannot guarantee that housekeeping would have the home ready for occupancy by 4:00 p.m., but every effort will be made to do so. Your understanding and cooperation is anticipated and appreciated.
Please return the keys to the office by 11:00 a.m. on the day of departure (unless other arrangements have been made) and please be sure to lock all doors and windows behind you as you leave. Failure to do so could allow for unlawful entry or damage from natural elements following your departure and prior to housekeeping’s arrival, in which case you could be held responsible for any damage or loss resulting from non-compliance. Please take the time to be certain all is secure before leaving, just as you would your own home. Thank you!
Terms of Rental
1. Guest agrees to pay rental amount as specified. If additional people are coming, a fee is required for each person per day.
2. If your rental property is equipped with a phone, local telephone calls are free. You must bill all long distance calls to your calling card. Please Note: Cell phone service is not available at some of the more remote locations. Additionally, pay per view TV channels are blocked at all vacation rental homes.
3. The home you are renting is completely furnished, including all linens for the beds. In addition, the rental unit is furnished with towels, basic cookware, appliances & utensils. If you will be cooking for a large number of people or doing special holiday or celebration cooking you may want to bring any special items you may require with you. We have tried to ensure that you have everything you will need for an enjoyable vacation. Nothing should ever be taken out of the unit except for hot tub towels or deck chairs. Your total cost includes basic cleaning after you leave, including laundering sheets and towels, trash removal, and cleaning and chemically treating the hot tub. Please wash the dishes and cooking utensils you have used before you leave and pick up any litter, cigarette butts, etc. from the outside of the home. If excessive cleaning is required, or if items are stained, damaged, or missing, additional charges may be billed to your credit card. You hereby agree to pay for any excessive cleaning fees, damaged, or missing items, and items not covered by the damage waiver.
4. All properties are Non-Smoking! Smoking is allowed on decks or porches, but please use ash trays and dispose of remains in garbage.
5. No pets are allowed unless property is designated as “pet friendly” and prior arrangements have been made. Pet fees do not cover damages caused or excessive cleaning required by pets. Bringing in unauthorized pets could result in immediate eviction without refund.
6. Volume and noise levels must be kept to a level that will not disturb others. Management reserves the right to enter the premises at any time without notice and order expedited eviction at his/her sole discretion if a disturbance arises or complaints are reported. No unauthorized parties, underage drinking, and/or controlled substances of any kind will be permitted.
7. Refunds are not provided if you cancel your reservation within 30 days of your check-in date. If there is an emergency which requires you to cancel within that 30 day period, we will hold your funds for up to 90 days to allow you time to reschedule your stay at the same property (not to include any holidays) and charge only a $30 reschedule fee, and apply the remaining funds to your rescheduled stay. After 90 days, if you have not rescheduled, you will forfeit any funds. If you must cancel and are able to give more than 30 days notice, we will charge a $50 cancellation fee and refund the remaining balance. (Cancellation fees are based on the amount of the total fee of the stay and governed by cost of staff time invested plus any fees we may incur in processing credit card payments.)
8. Neither the owner nor manager/agent is liable for any inconvenience, damage, or cancellation caused by conditions beyond our control, including but not limited to weather and/or road conditions. Guests are encouraged to pay close attention to weather conditions in our area for reports of snow, ice, flooding, or other natural conditions that may impact their travel and arrival plans. Neither the owner nor manager/agent is liable for road conditions that may make it difficult or impossible to access a particular vacation rental property. Time and/or conditions may not make it available for owner or manager/agent to be specifically aware of any weather or road conditions that would impact a guest’s ability to access any particular vacation property. In the event of such an impact, guests are encouraged to reschedule their stay in accordance with paragraph 7 above, with the reschedule fee waived.
9. If an advanced booking is made, more than 6 months in advance, it will not be considered confirmed, but will be held for approval by owner for no longer than 30 days from the date the reservation was requested.
10. Neither the owner nor manager/agent is liable for a guest’s personal injuries, personal property damage, or lost or stolen items.
11. The manager makes no warranties as to the condition or description of the property. If the property has a pool, and/or hot tub, and/or elevator, and/or dock, and/or boat slip, guest acknowledges the presence and/or use of such facilities presents inherent dangers and agrees to release and hold harmless owner and manager from any and all claims of liability arising from the use of the pool, and/or hot tub, and/or elevator, and/or dock, and/or boat slip.
12. It is understood and agreed that in the event of the property being destroyed by fire, or from any cause made untenable before the period of occupancy specified or during said period of occupancy, that money paid by the guest to the manager shall be refunded to the guest, pro-rated; provided that in the event the property is damaged as a result of the conduct of the guest or guest’s invitees, manager shall have no obligation to refund any portion of the rent.
Thank you for booking with us and please feel free to call if you have any questions.
Little Bear Rentals